Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine Fair and more fabric flowers I made

So yesterday, I mentioned that we had a Valentine Fair at the office. Employees registered for a booth (for free!) and offered items for sale. For each item you buy at a booth, you get a stamp... collect 5 stamps and you can claim a prize at the Human Resources booth. And this is what I got...

I wanted the big stuffed animal for Andrea but it was all gone by the time I was called to pick my prize. Oh well... she likes these cookies anyway.

Some of my former team mates registered for a booth and I put some of my items there for sale:

Singed flowers in beige and pink... the beige flower was the first of my items to go.
These flowers can be used as a clip and as a brooch.

I learned how to make these folded flowers from this tutorial last week. I love them!

In another color. These flowers can be used as brooches and bag charms.
See? The bag charm clasp is removable, so you can use the flower as a brooch.

This one... I didn't offer for sale. I kept it for me! :)
I also made a couple of these denim brooches.

All of my items were packaged in these boxes.
Out of the 8 items I put up for sale... I was only able to sell 2 :) Anyway, I was able to buy a little something for me from our booth as well... something I'm very excited about. I still need to work on it but I'm excited to see how it would turn out. I'll share pictures of this new project when I'm done.


NOTE: By the way, my husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day so no story to tell about that. He used to give me flowers... but I don't really like flowers, I don't know what to do with them to be honest. So now, he just gives me chocolates which I love and that's about it :)

I linked up some of these flowers to the following link parties:


No comments: