Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Creating Success Around the World with Iram of Arts Crafts N Hobbies

Welcome to 
Creating Success Around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the world.

Click here to learn more.
-oo0oo-

Our guest for today is someone I met through the Creating Success Around the World blog hop a few weeks ago. Want to be featured next? Check out how below.

Today I will introduce you to Iram from Arts Crafts N Hobbies. Iram is joining us today from Pakistan.


[Janelle]: Welcome to Creating Success Around the World blog hop, Iram! I'm so happy to have you here today. Please tell us a little about yourself and your country.
[Iram]: Hi friends my name is Iram Fartash and I am a stay at home mom of two fun little girls one is 7 and the other is 3. I belong to Pakistan a beautiful land blessed with all 4 seasons in their full intensity, breath taking landscapes and the innocent and hard working general public, although my country is going through tough times nowadays battling against extreme sort of terrorism and inflation making the lives of a common man miserable but even then we the people haven't lost hope and are trying and have a strong faith that things will get better InshaAllah (with the will of God Almighty).

I admire your faith and your positive outlook, and I do hope that things get better in your country soon. Can you tell us more about your crafting? What kind of projects do you like working on?
As the name of my blog ARTS CRAFTS N HOBBIES says it all. I like to try out many new crafts and techniques, and my focus keeps on changing from time to time from one kind of crafts to another in general like to stitch, paint, up-cycle junk into useful stuff, make all kinds of stuff from dresses bags to accessories for my daughters, hubby and  myself .

What inspires you to create?
I create because its my passion it makes me feel complete, and what ever time I get for myself I spend it on creating different stuff as its a source of inner happiness and satisfaction for me.


I understand the feeling.. that sounds like me too.  Do you sell your creations?
Yes I have started to sell my stuff at my blog under the page heading My shop.

Flower clip (upper right) and lace and flower brooch (lower left) are both available in Iram's online shop.
 How's your shop doing?
Well up till now I haven't made any profit out of it but I am hopeful for the future.

You keep making those beautiful things you're making and I'm sure your business will have a bright future. As bright as your little daughter's smile. Your daughters are lovely! I love blogs with pretty little models... always makes projects much, much more fun.

See? :)

Can you share more with us about your experience in crafting? What mistakes have you made and lessons you have learned from them?
I have been crafting since I was 8 or 9 years old when my mother started to teach me how to knit and stitch and then latter on I did my graduation in Fine Arts. That was the time when I made many mistakes and got experience out of it and my greatest learned lesson is that what ever you wanna create always make a metal plan about its procedure before hand and then finalize it on a paper. Look for correcting the loopholes at this stage rather then trying out your mistakes in the final projects! By this little time spent before actually making your project will save you from many misshaping and then you can  make your projects almost like a professional.


Oh, you took Fine Arts... no wonder you are so talented! I'm loving all your painting projects. I do a lot of trial and error myself and I agree with you that it does result to a  lot of wasted effort sometimes. At this point in your crafting, can you say that you have already achieved success?
Well to me success in general means having a happy life with your family and in this yes I am successful :) with the blessings of God Almighty. But as far as my blog is concerned it still has to go a long way.


And I'm sure it will go a long way. People always appreciate good talent. So what's next for you, Iram? Anything new we can expect to see at Arts Crafts N Hobbies?
I am planing to change the out look of my blog and very soon I will be including a "get featured area" in my blog for the newcomers in the blog land. And I am working on a few more products to add in my shop.

I can't wait to see your new ideas. Thanks so much again Iram, for spending some time with us here today!

-oo0oo-

If you want to see more of Iram's work, you can visit her at Arts Crafts N Hobbies.

Be sure to check out the other interviews from my co-hosts:
Asia - Me! :)



And now, it's your turn! Join our blog hop by linking your blog to our link party below! After linking, make sure you visit a few other links because that's what this hop is all about :)

Oh, what's that? You want to be my next guest? If I see your link below, you just might be! I am always looking for talented bloggers from Asia for my next interview feature. Leave your link and hope to meet you soon!






5 comments:

Jill said...

Great interview Janelle! Iram does have a lovely blog - I saw it too when she linked up a few weeks ago - definitely worth a visit!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Diane Writes said...

Hello Janelle! I love her finished works. The bag and the bag organizers are super cute :)

iram said...

thank you so much Janelle for the honor and Jill n Dian i am so happy to know you liked my effort :)

Philippine Fashion said...

Iram's works was so nice .. :)

Online shopping said...

Thanks for sharing.You wouldn't say how some websites are helpful source of information like this one.Thanks