Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's a sad day

I was doing my usual check of my galleries and forums this morning. Since it's the last day of May, I wanted to see if there are any other challenges I missed and could squeeze in. And like I do every day, I always check Coolscrapsdigital (CSD)first. When I logged in, I got this pop-up notification that I have a private message with the title "QP Contest - Cancelled". My initial thought was "Oh... ok." and proceeded to open the message to see what it was about. What I read came as a shock and I thought I misunderstood the message. So I closed it and proceeded to the forum.The forum was empty except for this one thread:


And the announcement confirmed what was on the private message. CSD forum and gallery are closing.

CSD was the first forum I joined and participated in. I have been browsing several other forums before and have been admiring members' work in the galleries. I don't remember why, but it was at CSD that I felt brave enough to actually sign up and participate in my first challenge: to create a freebie from a commercial pack provided in the forum. 

After my first submission, I immediately felt welcome. I browsed other challenges, joined a couple more and actually won something! I was hooked. And this gave me the confidence to explore the other forums, where I discovered that members are equally friendly and welcoming, and join their challenges too.

I visit several forums now and maintain several galleries, but I always considered CSD as my home. It's the first forum I visit every day, and the first gallery I make an effort to update. And now it's gone. And I miss it already. I know I will miss it more tomorrow when June starts and I will not have the CSD challenges to look forward to. Addie didn't provide details and only said it was a very difficult decision on her part. Whatever difficult time she and her family must be going through now, I can only pray for her and wish her well. 

I think I will be taking a break from challenges for a while.

3 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Awww :( maybe this is just a test Janelle.

You have been doing great in your digital scrapbooking, I feel that this makes you feel losing part of yourself. You can actually turn the situation to a new opportunity. Perhaps, you are called to lead your own digital scrapbooking endeavors. As they say, when something is lost, you are just given another room to fill up.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

LOVE DIANE'S COMMENT!

And perhaps the challenger you have grown to love (and the challenge) just needs a blog break. I know personally of five bloggers who were burnt out (to a crisp) with blogging...

... Only to find them ALL blogging again within a month. I'm sure that is not always the case, but you never know.

Cheer up, friend!

Jenn Ji Hyun said...

:( Don't be so sad Janelle. It might be a sign that you're ready to take on a different challenge. Sorry I'm not really familiar with how this works. But I have a feeling this circumstance is driving you to something better.