Thursday, July 5, 2012

New kit from Scrapbrat Designs: Secret Garden


This kit includes 64 high quality png format elements and 10 papers in jpeg format.

* 1 Flower cluster
* 18 Flowers
* 5 Leaves
* 4 Birds
* 1 Mouse
* 3 Bows
* 2 Ribbons
* 1 Dried orange
* 1 Orange skin
* 1 Tropical fruit
* 1 Table
* 1 Chair
* 1 Flower pot
* 1 Suitcase
* 1 Hot airballoon
* 2 Bird cages
* 1 Bird nest
* 1 Spoon
* 1 Hat
* 1 Water well
* 2 Trees
* 1 Tree stump
* 2 Buttons
* 1 Girl
* 1 Egg
* 1 Butterfly
* 1 Patch of grass
* 1 String of grass
* 3 Frames
* 3 Umbrellas

 Available here:

Here are a couple of layouts I made with this kit for inspiration:


Andrea is going to be tickled pink when she sees herself with wings again. She is really convinced she's a fairy lately.


I'm not sure if you've noticed but most of the photos I use in my layouts are actually off-takes. Those unexpected shots usually look more natural and you catch the subjects in poses or positions you normally don't see in posed photos. The photo above is one such example. I didn't even know I had that photo. I was looking for pictures to use and I opened one folder dated last year and it looked like my husband was practicing with the camera settings using Andrea as a subject while she was playing on the floor looking dishelved. The set had a lot of photos of Andrea at play and I think those will be perfect when I create scenes in layouts. Lesson learned: you find artistic inspiration even in the most unexpected scenarios.

No comments: