Saturday, November 17, 2012

Murano Necklaces Series - Part 1

Part 1 because right now, I was only able to take photos of one... the one I made for me. Part 2 will probably have the photos of all the others, all lumped into one post :)

"All the others" because my mom tasked me with making 13 necklaces with the Murano pendants she bought. And out of the 15 (13 for her, and 2 for me because I found out that I still had 2 unused Murano pendants in my stash), I only have 3 finished. And I need to finish everything by the first week of December. 

Plenty of time.

*deep breaths*

*I will not panic*

* I have plenty of TIME*

*yeah....*


The one above, that's mine. I love how simple it is with the black cord tied around the donut-shaped glass pendant. It's currently my favorite necklace and I've worn it like 4 times this week since I finished it last Saturday.

I usually have a hard time working with Murano pendants because they tend to be statement pieces because of their size and colors and I find myself not knowing how to "set" them properly without the finished necklace looking too overwhelming. For the Murano series I'm doing for my mom, I decided I will use just the pendant and the cord, no other embellishment. 

By the way, I just realized that Part 2 will probably be after Christmas. My mom is giving those necklaces as gifts and I don't want to spoil the surprise for any of the recipients who might accidentally stumble onto my blog.

Anyway, I hope you all have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Eh na miss ko yung mga posts na ganito! haha Anyway, I never knew na Murano pala ang tawag sa kanila. Thanks for the info. At least may natutunan ako ngayon.

Peg ko yung necklace. Ganda!! Aabangan ko yung 15 finished products, galing eh!

PS Btw, d ako maka get over dun sa cake blowing incident ni Andrea. Bentang benta sa akin haha

Diane Writes said...

Eh na miss ko yung mga posts na ganito! haha Anyway, I never knew na Murano pala ang tawag sa kanila. Thanks for the info. At least may natutunan ako ngayon.

Peg ko yung necklace. Ganda!! Aabangan ko yung 15 finished products, galing eh!

PS Btw, d ako maka get over dun sa cake blowing incident ni Andrea. Bentang benta sa akin haha